Deadline for Entries before late fee is assessed: September 15, 2022
Applications received after this date will be charged a $50 late fee. No exceptions.
Acceptance notices will be emailed in groups, periodically as we process applications.
(In general, “No news is good news” — We will reach out if we have a concern about your application!)
Thursday, October 12th, 2023
Check-in at 5:30pm early arrivals will have to wait until volunteers are ready to begin processing vendors to set up. There will be no early setup in 2023 due to the large volume of vendors who abused this in 2022.
*Vendors cannot set up after 9am Friday, October 13th due to police traffic and safety controls.
Festival Open to Public:
Friday, October 13th & Saturday, October 14th 10am – 10pm
Free concerts on both Friday and Saturday nights (musicians to be announced once booked)
Sunday, October 15th 12pm – 5pm
Sun. Oct. 15th 5pm
*Early vehicle access for loading and departure not allowed due to police traffic and safety controls.
Fees & Categories:
There are five different categories for which you may apply. Choose only one category per application. If you want to participate in more than one category, separate fees, applications and photos are required for each category you choose.
1. Arts & Crafts: $200 (handmade items only, no exceptions)
2. Nonprofit/Civic Groups: $100 (limited to two booths maximum. First space $100, 2nd space is $200)
3. Non-commercial Food: $200 (for those wishing to sell outside of the food court area and who will not have sales greater than $2,500 in value)
4. Commercial Food: $700 (Food court area, space size is 10’x10′, maximum 4 spaces)
5. Children’s Activities: Please email for pricing
*Electricity $50 per outlet (see below).
Separate payment is required for each application.
For the fastest response, please register online.
If you apply by mail, you may send one check payable to the “Gainesville Jaycees” to P.O. Box 36, Gainesville, GA 30501.
Vendor spaces, except for food court spaces, are approximately 11′ wide by 10′ deep. You may apply for multiple spaces. There are no guarantees on the location of booths. We may have to change your space as needed during the festival. Generally, spaces are assigned and changes made based on seniority, to promote competition, and to facilitate public convenience. All entrants should bring their own displays, tables, chairs, tents, etc.
Refunds & Acceptances:
Electronic refunds will be given to denied online applicants. Refund checks and photos will be mailed to denied mail applicants only if they enclose a return envelope. Photos of accepted mail applicants will not be returned. Acceptances are emailed in groups but in general will be within a few days after we have received them if online registration, possibly up to a week or more if paper applications and checks are mailed to our PO Box.
You are responsible for collecting and reporting Georgia Sales Tax (7%) on all sales, if applicable.
Limited electricity will be available for $50 per outlet but is not guaranteed. Vendors are limited to 1 drop per vendor and you must supply your own 100′ 12 gauge drop cord (120 volt 15 amp only). Power along all sections of the festival is shared over several circuits and vendors will be limited to a maximum of 3.5 amps draw. Overloading circuits may require you to reduce your load capacity you are drawing from the circuit. If you need more power than what we can provide you with these shared access points, it is highly recommended you plan to bring your own power supply in the form of generators.
Food vendors may require larger drop cords and should bring their own. Food vendors needing larger than 120v power should plan ahead to bring their own generators. We will not be providing larger than 120v power.
For each non-food application, you must submit three photos of your work and one of your display. Online applicants must email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail applicants must place your name on the back of each photo.
Applications must be submitted by an officer or director of your group. Unless you have been a vendor in a prior year, you must submit proof of your non-profit status from the Secretary of State.
Commercial Food Vendors:
All commercial food vendors must submit with their applications 1) a menu; and 2) certificate of insurance. You also must have a fire extinguisher in each booth.
In addition to booth fees, our permission and a $1,000 exclusivity fee is required in advance from any vendor wishing to have an exclusive right on the sale of any product. Please email to discuss. Note: this exclusivity is based upon our discretion and is limited to one single menu item.
The festival is a family oriented celebration of Appalachian folk art. Mule Camp directors have the exclusive right to interpret the festival rules and to require you to remove unacceptable material / activity that does not comply with the theme and to forfeit future participation.
- Mule Camp Market makes final interpretation of all rules.
- No refunds will be given if you do not show, must cancel, or are removed for any reason. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the festival may be terminated at the discretion of the Mule Camp directors or government officials.
- No refunds for bad weather.
- No guarantees on booth location.
- No soliciting or displays outside your vendor space.
- You must keep your area clean during and after the festival.
- No driving to your booth during the festival without permission from police or a Mule Camp director.
- No manufactured products, kit jewelry, production clothing, art supplies, or any other bought-for-resale or non-homemade item may be sold.
- No sound equipment (such as speakers, stereos, or instruments) are allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No food or drink sold by a non-food vendor except with prior written permission of a Mule Camp director.
- No paintings reproduced from the works of masters, from advertisements, or from widely circulated photographs or offset prints.
- No dealer or agent may stand in proxy for artists.
- Applicants are responsible for collecting and reporting 7% Georgia sales tax information.
- No materials or activity that detracts from the theme of the festival.
Vendor Registration & Information
2023 applications are closed until March 1st, 2023. Please check back!
Click here to Apply Online
If you would prefer to download our PDF applciation, print it, fill it out and mail it to us, please click the button below.
2023 Mule Camp Market Application (PDF) Applications closed until March 1st, 2023
Mailing Address for Application:
Mule Camp Market
PO Box 36
Gainesville, GA 30503