Deadline for Entries: September 1, 2022
Applications received after this date will be charged a $50 late fee. No exceptions.
Acceptance notices will be emailed in groups, periodically as we process applications.
(In general, “No news is good news” — We will reach out if we have a concern about your application!)
Thursday, October 6th, 2022
Vendor Check-in times & location will be announced by October 1, 2022.
*Vendors cannot set up after 9am Friday, October 8th due to police traffic and safety controls.
Festival Open to Public:
Friday, October 7th & Saturday, October 8th 10am – 7pm
Free Friday Night concert (musicians still TBD)
Sunday, October 9th 12pm – 5pm
Sun. Oct. 9th 5pm
*Early vehicle access for loading and departure not allowed due to police traffic and safety controls.
Fees & Categories:
There are five different categories for which you may apply. Choose only one category per application. If you want to participate in more than one category, separate fees, applications and photos are required for each category you choose.
1. Homemade Arts & Crafts: $200
2. Nonprofit General: $100
3. Nonprofit Food: $200
4. Commercial Food: $700
5. Children’s Activities: Please email for pricing
*Electricity $50 per outlet (see below).
Separate payment is required for each application.
For the fastest response, please register online.
If you apply by mail, you may send one check payable to the “Gainesville Jaycees” to P.O. Box 36, Gainesville, GA 30501.
Vendor spaces are approximately 10′ wide by 10′ deep. You may apply for multiple spaces. There are no guarantees on the location of booths. We may have to change your space as needed during the festival. Generally, spaces are assigned and changes made based on seniority, to promote competition, and to facilitate public convenience. All entrants should bring their own displays, tables, chairs, tents, etc.
Refunds & Acceptances:
Electronic refunds will be given to denied online applicants. Refund checks and photos will be mailed to denied mail applicants only if they enclose a return envelope. Photos of accepted mail applicants will not be returned. Acceptances are emailed and mailed approximately September 15, 2021
You are responsible for collecting and reporting Georgia Sales Tax (7%) on all sales, if applicable.
Limited electricity will be available for $50 per outlet but is not guaranteed. You must request the number of outlets needed in your application and supply your own 100′ 12 gauge drop cord (120 volt 15 amp only). Food vendors may require larger drop cords and should bring their own. Food vendors needing larger than 120v power should contact Steven Ellis with those details by emailing him at email@example.com or by calling him directly at (678)316-6361.
For each non-food application, you must submit three photos of your work and one of your display. Online applicants must email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail applicants must place your name on the back of each photo.
Applications must be submitted by an officer or director of your group. Unless you have been a vendor in a prior year, you must submit proof of your non-profit status from the Secretary of State. No political groups, campaigning or rallies are allowed.
Commercial Food Vendors:
All commercial food vendors must submit with their applications 1) a menu; and 2) certificate of insurance. You also must have a fire extinguisher in each booth.
In addition to booth fees, our permission and a $1,000 exclusivity fee is required in advance from any vendor wishing to have an exclusive right on the sale of any product. Please email to discuss.
The festival is a family oriented celebration of Appalachian folk art. Mule Camp directors have the exclusive right to interpret the festival rules and to require you to remove unacceptable material / activity that does not comply with the theme and to forfeit future participation.
- Mule Camp Market makes final interpretation of all rules.
- No refunds will be given if you do not show, must cancel, or are removed for any reason. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the festival may be terminated at the discretion of the Mule Camp directors or government officials.
- No refunds for bad weather.
- No guarantees on booth location.
- No soliciting or displays outside your vendor space.
- You must keep your area clean during and after the festival.
- No driving to your booth during the festival without permission from police or a Mule Camp director.
- No manufactured products, kit jewelry, production clothing, art supplies, or any other bought-for-resale or non-homemade item may be sold.
- No sound equipment (such as speakers, stereos, or instruments) are allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No food or drink sold by a non-food vendor except with prior written permission of a Mule Camp director.
- No paintings reproduced from the works of masters, from advertisements, or from widely circulated photographs or offset prints.
- No dealer or agent may stand in proxy for artists.
- Applicants are responsible for collecting and reporting 7% Georgia sales tax information.
- No materials or activity that detracts from the theme of the festival.
Vendor Registration & Information
If you would prefer to download our PDF applciation, print it, fill it out and mail it to us, please click the button below.
Mailing Address for Application:
Mule Camp Market
PO Box 36
Gainesville, GA 30501